This Sunday I came to the conclusion that riding your bike for 2 hours is infinitely more fun when you do it with a group of incredible girls with the same interests in mind. I mean, talking about the successful mission of the guy who ascended 120,000 ft in a balloon and free falled back to Earth, multi-seated “barcycles” that provide sustainable bar hopping experiences in Denver, and enjoying strawberry pie is a lot more fun than listening to your iPod through your ear buds while battling a head wind on your own. I am so grateful to have a network of female cycling friends at my ability level! Together we enjoyed over 2,000 feet of climbing with the added challenge of a headwind on a beautiful fall afternoon in Boulder, CO. Aside from an awesome bike ride, I also enjoyed some awesome meals for today’s WIAW!
For lunch, I attempted to re-create an avocado hummus from Whole Foods that both Scott and I have been enjoying a lot lately. While it tastes slightly different, it is more amazing than the store bought variation because I made it at home!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- 1 small clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon dried jalapeño flakes (or more chili powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons water (optional)
- Place all ingredients (except water) in a food processor and process until smooth. Stream in 1-2 tablespoons of water if necessary to thin out.
I added a generous dollop on top of my roasted sweet potato, with an onion, pepper, bean, chicken, and quinoa stir fry, and “mmmmm’ed” all the way through lunch.